JOY. ‘Great Southern Nights’ @ Waywards
JOY has been busy creating her project, her latest feature sings and produces on the closing track ‘SELFISH’ off the The Kid Laroi’s new album.
JOY. gave the first taste of the EP and her new music in November of 2017 with the triple j favourite ‘Smoke Too Much’ which has accumulated over 3 Million streams to date and also gained support from Zane Lowe on Beats 1. In her relatively short run, the ambitious multi-hyphenate has graduated from solo bedroom recordings, including her debut single ‘Captured’, to her acclaimed debut EP, ODE, which landed #1 on the iTunes electronic charts in mid-2015 and has been streamed over 5 million times to date.
Additionally, JOY. has garnered strong support from influential tastemakers by the likes of Nylon magazine, which proclaimed, “JOY. could be Australia’s next great pop export”, and Beats1 creative center Zane Lowe, who earmarked JOY. as ‘One to Watch’ at 2015’s Beats Sound Symposium in Sydney.
Great Southern Nights is a new event to kick-start the recovery of the live music industry – featuring 1000 COVID safe gigs across Sydney and regional NSW, throughout November 2020 (Australian Music Month). Great Southern Nights is a NSW Government initiative, delivered by Destination NSW in partnership with ARIA. For more information, please visit greatsouthernnights.com.au
– Do not attend if you are feeling unwell
– All audience members will be required to sanitise & check-in upon entry to Waywards.
– Shows will be seated (1.5m apart) and limited to 50 per sitting to allow for social distancing.
– All seats & tables will be wiped down & sanitised between show sessions/sittings.
– Guests must be seated at all times of the show unless moving from one section of the venue to another – i.e toilet, smoking area etc. There is to be no standing and mingling among guests especially between different groups and alcohol can only be consumed by seated customers.
– Drinks can only be ordered through ME&U table service, no need to head to the bar! All tables will have their own ME&U beacon where guests can scan a QR code to view the drinks menu, order & pay as drinks are brought to them.
– Artist to perform two separate sittings, 6:30pm & 9:30pm
– Due to venue seating layout, tickets are only able to be purchased in groups of 4
– Patrons are to promptly leave once the shows have finished to ensure staff are able to sanitise and wipe down all surfaces before the next show.
The venue will be taking a number of precautionary measures to ensure patron safety, including:
– Hand sanitiser dispensers on entry and at tables
– Signage and social distancing markers throughout the venue
– Regular sanitising of the venue and full clean between sittings